Thursday, March 17, 2011

Squee Moment

So I have marked on my Outlook Calendar today a gold box with the word Chime written in it. For those of you up on new releases, you will know that this means that Franny Billingsley's new book (her first novel since The Folk Keeper in 2001, which I LOVED) comes out today. I pre-ordered it from Amazon and cannot wait to read it. I am hoping it arrives when I can take an entire day or evening and do nothing but read it cover to cover!

I have two other new books marked for the coming weeks:

The Star Wars Craft Book by Bonnie Burton (tomorrow!)
True (. . . Sort of) by Katherine Hannigan (April 26--I sobbed aloud while reading the ARC on the R train so it's a must buy)


And most recently I've had the final Terry Pratchett Tiffany Aching book I Shall Wear Midnight, Joan Bauer's new book Close to Famous and something else I can't remember also on my calendar. I am beside myself waiting for Bitterblue, Kristin Cashore's next book that seems to be taking FOREVER!

So I started thinking about those moments of excitement and anticipation before a new book, and about our teens who start asking for the next book in a series or a new book by a favorite author as soon as the buzz hits the air.

There's nothing quite like this waiting, is there? It's like waiting for a door to another world to open and it's good to remember that our teens are as eager for those doors as we are.

Cash in the Coffee Can: $334

No comments:

Post a Comment